Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Comedy Festival

Every year, Stand Up Norway arranges a stand up festival in Oslo. All the pros are gonna be there. What's so special about this year is, they have contest. The contest is to write the funniest jokes, scripts etc. The winner gets to perform at the festival. This could be a huge opportunity for me. Yet there is a part of me that hopes I don't win.
I have never performed comedy on a stage, ever. If I win, which I doubt, I guess I just have to suck it up and do what I really wanna do.

I have been advised to write every day. To write down absolutely every thing. I have to be honest, I haven't done that. I try to come up with excuses for not to write. Like, did I leave the toilet seat up. Or, did I wash my hands today. Hey is that a spider. Let's see how long it will survive in this jar. This will be my new project for the next 3 days. I will focus on the jar and spider only. This could maybe cure cancer.
By now I have run out of excuses. So I have compiled a list of excuses. Every day I spend 30 minutes to write a new list of excuses. Some of them are:

Visit relatives 4 times a week. Hang out at the DMV. Make new friends at the DMV. Investigate different types of smells. Speaking of smells. Don't hang out with a guy named Curly at the DMV.
Today I parked my ass and wrote for almost an hour. Jokes that is. My goal is to write at least 15- jokes everyday. Or write as much as possible for an hour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home