Friday, September 23, 2005

In The Workings

I think I got something here, I'm so excited about it. It is one of the greatest feelings in the world. I think you can level with me.

Recently I've been obsessed with creativity and coming up with my own material. I've been cutting up card boxes, cards and what not. Heck, even one of my fingers.
For some strange reason, I'm obsessed with the card box. I don't care that much for the cards inside the box. It's the box it self that fascinates me.
It reminds me of when I was a kid. My parents just bought a TV. The TV was fine, but the box it came in, Oh my. It wasn't just a regular box. It had colors that had never seen daylight before. The structure, the hight and width was perfect. It was my new home.

I do not know what it is. When I see a box the same size as a playing card box, I have to touch it. I can't resist.
It's like when someone tells you the wall is just painted, you have to touch it, right?

Back on topic. The thing I've come up it is not exactly something new or groundbreaking. It's my first creation that I don't feel bad about. It's a signed card to match box.
It goes like this:
A spectator picks a card and signs it. It's shuffled into the deck. The magi introduces a match box. He shows it to be completely empty. He places it on top of the deck. With some magical goofy gestures, the magi asks the spectator to open the box. When he does he freaks out. He yells course words in his on native language. He is freaked out because inside the box is a chopped off finger. Nah, you guessed it. The chosen card.

It works in theory, but I have to work on the handling a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home