Wednesday, May 04, 2005

To levitate

I don't talk a lot about magic in my blog, even though I'm a fan of it and use to be a dorky magician. Right now I'm just dorky.
Jeff McBrides card manipulation series really got to me. When I first started learning, I was hooked. I practiced 4-5 hour's every day for about 2 months. After that I was just so sick of it.
There are some good effects out there and a lot of crap. Some people should not have the rights to put out material in the first place.
At Hocus Pocus, they have been plugging this levitation for about a year.
In-Flight, the ultimate self-levitation system for the 21st goddamn Century, is back for a limited time!
Back for a limited time, and God bless us all. What does it really mean? Back for a limited time. Back for a limited time until we can dig up more bull shit reasons to sell you crap that we don't need. Limited edition. Limited until we make some more.
Magicians have this pipe dream about the ultimate levitation. There isn't one.
A few years back at the fucked up cafe, this person was hyping up everyone about his latest invention. The ultimate levitation. Retro Gravity. In retrospect, it was a bluff. With his so called new levitation, he promised that you could levitate higher and even above water. Above water? What are you going to do? "OK folks, follow me onto this lake. I'm going to levitate over here. Peter come here". That's just ripping off Jesus.
Let's face it, there isn't going to be the best levitation. Or a push button effect. If you are going to create the illusion of levitating, use what you got and just give it some practice and use some showmanship for crying out loud.
Stop coming up with these fucked up levitations. Go create something new and fresh. Maybe the new levitation coming out named, Aliun will be something new.
Ok folks, I'm off to writing my book about the mechanics grip and the many variations I've come up with. The book is going to be a limited edition.

3 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous said...

OK, now you're just making sense. Where's the magic in that?

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Makes me sick that every levitation available to the masses sucks. Everyone including their kid sister can do the levitation. And everytime I go to perform it, seems like everyone knows about the trick. Pointless to do the commercial levs.

I am trying to create a real lev using real science, but somehow, I stumbled. I would need to spin super heated Mercury to around 60,000 rpms before it would work. Where the heck do you get super heated mercury? And how the heck do you spin mercury?

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too have a levitation that I created in the privacy of my bedroom. And upon presenting it to the magic cafe, I got spammed and ridiculed by a few posters. I must say, I think the magic cafe is being ruined by a few regular posters that seem to enjoy putting down people and their ideas.

http://www.visualroll.com/mindsharelev.wmv

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home